Boyd County Public Library provides homebound delivery of materials to shut-ins and people who are physically prevented from using a branch library.
Services are provided to qualifying individuals on a first come, first served basis and continue as long as criteria are met and service is desired. Currently there is a waiting list for homebound services.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Boyd County residents only
- Individuals who are mentally or physically disabled and unable to access a branch library
- Individuals who are unable to transport materials from a branch library due to physical limitations
- Residents of nursing homes or other extended care facilities
- Request for service must be made in writing
- Applications are available from the Outreach Specialist or Public Services Manager
- Request must be accompanied by a note from a physician or other health care provider attesting to applicant’s inability to visit due to physical limitations
For more information contact:
Public Services Manager